Pronunciation: (brand), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/brand.html on line 85 [key]
1. kind, grade, or make, as indicated by a stamp, trademark, or the like: the best brand of coffee.
2. a mark made by burning or otherwise, to indicate kind, grade, make, ownership, etc.
3. a mark formerly put upon criminals with a hot iron.
4. any mark of disgrace; stigma.
5. See branding iron.
6. a kind or variety of something distinguished by some distinctive characteristic: The movie was filled with slapstick—a brand of humor he did not find funny.
7. a burning or partly burned piece of wood.
8. Archaic.a sword.
1. to label or mark with or as if with a brand.
2. to mark with disgrace or infamy; stigmatize.
3. to impress indelibly: The plane crash was branded on her mind.
Pronunciation: (brand), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/brand.html on line 142 [key]
1. Oscar, born 1920, U.S. folk singer, born in Canada.
2. a male given name.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.