Pronunciation: (brash), [key]
—adj., -er, -est,
1. impertinent; impudent; tactless: a brash young man.
2. hasty; rash; impetuous.
3. energetic or highly spirited, esp. in an irreverent way; zesty: a brash new musical.
4. (used esp. of wood) brittle.
1. a pile or stack of loose fragments or debris, as of rocks or hedge clippings.
2. See brash ice.
3. Pathol.heartburn (def. 1).
4. Scot. and North Eng. Dial.
a. a sudden shower or burst of rain.
b. any sudden, minor sickness or indisposition, esp. of the digestive tract.
c. an assault; attack.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.