Pronunciation: (brāv), [key]
—adj., brav•er, brav•est,
—n., v., braved, brav•ing.
1. possessing or exhibiting courage or courageous endurance.
2. making a fine appearance.
3. Archaic.excellent; fine; admirable.
1. a brave person.
2. a warrior, esp. among North American Indian tribes.
a. a bully.
b. a boast or challenge.
1. to meet or face courageously: to brave misfortunes.
2. to defy; challenge; dare.
3. Obs.to make splendid.
Obs.to boast; brag.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.