—v.brēch, brich), [key]
1. the lower, rear part of the trunk of the body; buttocks.
2. the hinder or lower part of anything.
3. Ordn.the rear part of the bore of a gun, esp. the opening and associated mechanism that permits insertion of a projectile.
4. Mach.the end of a block or pulley farthest from the supporting hook or eye.
5. Naut.the outside angle of a knee in the frame of a ship.
1. Ordn.to fit or furnish (a gun) with a breech.
2. to clothe with breeches.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.