Pronunciation: (bret'n; Fr. bru-tôn'), [key]
1. a native or inhabitant of Brittany.
2. Also called Armorican, Armoric. the Celtic language of Brittany.
3. (often l.c.) a round hat for women, with a flat crown and a turned-up brim.
pertaining to Brittany, the Bretons, or their language.
Pronunciation: (bru-tôn'), [key]
1. An•dré Pronunciation: (än-drā'), [key] 1896–1966, French poet, essayist, and critic.
2. Jules A•dolphe Pronunciation: (zhyl a-dôlf'), [key] 1827–1906, French painter.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.