Pronunciation: (bris'tl), [key]
1. a seaport in Avon, in SW England, on the Avon River near its confluence with the Severn estuary. 420,100.
2. a city in central Connecticut. 57,370.
3. a city in NE Tennessee, contiguous with but politically independent of Bristol, Virginia. 23,986.
4. a town in E Rhode Island. 20,128.
5. a city in SW Virginia. 19,042.
6. a town in SE Pennsylvania, on the Delaware River. 10,876.
7. Bristol, Tennessee, and Bristol, Virginia, considered as a unit.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.