Pronunciation: (brôd'wā"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/broadway.html on line 73 [key]
1. a street in New York City, famous for its theaters, restaurants, and bright lights.
2. the theater district located on or near this street, esp. as the center of the professional or commercial theater in the U.S.
1. (of a play, theatrical performance, etc.) pertaining to, suitable for, or produced in the commercial theater, esp. on Broadway: a Broadway show.
2. acting or working on Broadway: a Broadway producer; a Broadway star.
3. characteristic of or frequenting the theater district on Broadway.
4. garish; tawdry.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.