Pronunciation: (bru&thslash;'ur-hood"), [key]
1. the condition or quality of being a brother or brothers.
2. the quality of being brotherly; fellowship.
3. a fraternal or trade organization.
4. all those engaged in a particular trade or profession or sharing a common interest or quality.
5. the belief that all people should act with warmth and equality toward one another, regardless of differences in race, creed, nationality, etc.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.