Pronunciation: (brouz), [key]
—v., browsed, brows•ing,
1. to eat, nibble at, or feed on (leaves, tender shoots, or other soft vegetation).
2. to graze; pasture on.
3. to look through or glance at casually: He's browsing the shelves for something to read.
1. to feed on or nibble at foliage, lichen, berries, etc.
2. to graze.
3. to glance at random through a book, magazine, etc.
4. to look leisurely at goods displayed for sale, as in a store.
1. tender shoots or twigs of shrubs and trees as food for cattle, deer, etc.
2. an act or instance of browsing.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.