Pronunciation: (bulj), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/bulge.html on line 77 [key]
—n., v., bulged, bulg•ing.
1. a rounded projection, bend, or protruding part; protuberance; hump: a bulge in a wall.
2. any sudden increase, as of numbers, sales, or prices: the bulge in profits.
3. a rising in small waves on the surface of a body of water, caused by the action of a fish or fishes in pursuit of food underwater.
1. to swell or bend outward; be protuberant.
2. to be filled to capacity: The box bulged with cookies.
to make protuberant; cause to swell.
Pronunciation: (bulj), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/bulge.html on line 126 [key]
Battle of the, the final major German counteroffensive in World War II, begun December 16, 1944, and thrusting deep into Allied territory in N and E Belgium: repulsed January 1945.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.