Pronunciation: (kab'u-liz"um), [key]
1. the principles or doctrines of the cabala.
2. an interpretation of something according to the doctrines of the cabala.
3. any mystic or occult doctrine; mysticism; occultism.
4. extreme traditionalism in theological conception or interpretation.
5. obfuscation or obscurantism, esp. resulting from an excessively recondite vocabulary: the cabalism of some modern literary criticism.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.