Pronunciation: (kam'pus), [key]
1. the grounds, often including the buildings, of a college, university, or school.
2. a college or university: The large influx of older students radically changed many campuses throughout the country.
3. a division of a university that has its own grounds, buildings, and faculty but is administratively joined to the rest of the university.
4. the world of higher education: Foundation grants have had a marked effect on the character of the American campus.
5. a large, usually suburban, landscaped business or industrial site.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.