Pronunciation: (kang'kur), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/canker.html on line 73 [key]
1. a gangrenous or ulcerous sore, esp. in the mouth.
2. a disease affecting horses' feet, usually the soles, characterized by a foul-smelling exudate.
3. a defined area of diseased tissue, esp. in woody stems.
4. something that corrodes, corrupts, destroys, or irritates.
5. Also called can'ker rose". Brit. Dial.See dog rose.
1. to infect with canker.
2. to corrupt; destroy slowly.
to become infected with or as if with canker.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.