Pronunciation: (kap'u-ler"ē), [key]
—adj., n., pl. -lar•ies.
1. pertaining to or occurring in or as if in a tube of fine bore.
2. resembling a strand of hair; hairlike.
a. pertaining to capillarity.
b. of or pertaining to the apparent attraction or repulsion between a liquid and a solid, observed in capillarity.
4. Anat.pertaining to a capillary or capillaries.
1. Anat.one of the minute blood vessels between the terminations of the arteries and the beginnings of the veins.
2. Also called cap'illary tube". a tube with a small bore.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.