Pronunciation: (kâr'lis), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/careless.html on line 75 [key]
1. not paying enough attention to what one does: a careless typist.
2. not exact, accurate, or thorough: careless work.
3. done or said heedlessly or negligently; unconsidered: a careless remark.
4. not caring or troubling; having no care or concern; unconcerned (usually fol. by of, about, or in): careless of the rights of others; careless about one's behavior; careless in speech.
5. possessed or caused without effort or art; unstudied: careless beauty.
6. Archaic.free from anxiety.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.