Pronunciation: (kär'tur), [key]
1. Bennett Lester (Benny), born 1907, U.S. jazz saxophonist and composer.
2. Don(ald James), born 1926, U.S. bowler.
3. Elliott (Cook, Jr.), born 1908, U.S. composer.
4. Hod•ding Pronunciation: (hod'ing), [key] 1907–72, U.S. journalist and publisher.
5. Howard, 1873–1939, English Egyptologist.
6. James Earl, Jr. (Jimmy), born 1924, 39th president of the U.S. 1977–81.
7. Mrs. Leslie (Caroline Louise Dudley), 1862–1937, U.S. actress.
8. May•belle Pronunciation: (mā'bel"), [key] (“Mother Maybelle Carter”), 1909–78, U.S. country-and-western singer and guitarist.
9. Nick, pen name of authors who wrote detective-story series in which Nick Carter, created by John R. Coryell, is the main character.
10. a male given name.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.