Pronunciation: (kazh'OO-ul), [key]
1. happening by chance; fortuitous: a casual meeting.
2. without definite or serious intention; careless or offhand; passing: a casual remark.
3. seeming or tending to be indifferent to what is happening; apathetic; unconcerned: a casual, nonchalant air.
4. appropriate for wear or use on informal occasions; not dressy: casual clothes; casual wear.
5. irregular; occasional: a casual visitor.
6. accidental: a casual mishap.
1. a worker employed only irregularly.
2. a soldier temporarily at a station or other place of duty, and usually en route to another station.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.