Pronunciation: (kal-dē'un), [key]
1. one of an ancient Semitic people that formed the dominant element in Babylonia.
2. the indigenous Semitic language of the Chaldeans, Aramaic being used as an auxiliary language.
3. See Biblical Aramaic.
4. an astrologer, soothsayer, or enchanter. Dan. 1:4; 2:2.
1. of or belonging to ancient Chaldea.
2. pertaining to astrology, occult learning, etc. Also,Chal•deePronunciation: (kal-dē', kal'dē). [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.