Pronunciation: (shan-til'ē; Fr. shän-tē-yē'), [key]
1. a town in N France, N of Paris: lace manufacture. 10,684.
2. (sometimes l.c.) Also called Chantil'ly lace'. a delicate silk, linen, or synthetic bobbin lace, in black or white, scalloped along one edge and often having an outlined design of scrolls or vases or baskets of flowers, widely used for bridal gowns and evening gowns.
3. a dessert topping of whipped cream, sweetening, and flavoring, esp. vanilla.
4. Also called Chantil'ly sauce'. mousseline (def. 1).
1. (of cream) whipped and flavored, esp. with vanilla.
2. (of food) prepared or served with whipped cream: strawberries Chantilly.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.