Pronunciation: (chärlz), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/charles.html on line 115 [key]
1. (Prince of Edinburgh and of Wales) born 1948, heir apparent to the throne of Great Britain (son of Elizabeth II).
2. Ray (Ray Charles Robinson), 1930-2004, U.S. blues singer and pianist.
3. Cape, a cape in E Virginia, N of the entrance to the Chesapeake Bay.
4. a river in E Massachusetts, flowing between Boston and Cambridge into the Atlantic. 47 mi. (75 km) long.
5. a male given name: from a Germanic word meaning “man.”
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.