Pronunciation: (chē'pē), [key] Informal.
1. a cheaply made, often inferior, product: The movie studio made a dozen cheapies last year.
2. any item that is inexpensive as compared with others of its kind: All brands of margarine taste alike to me, so I buy a cheapie.
3. a stingy or miserly person: That cheapie wouldn't buy anyone a gift!
1. of, being, or pertaining to a cheap or inferior product: cheapie shoes.
2. stingy; miserly. Also,cheapy.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.