Pronunciation: (kem'u-strē), [key]
1. the science that deals with the composition and properties of substances and various elementary forms of matter. Cf. element (def. 2).
2. chemical properties, reactions, phenomena, etc.: the chemistry of carbon.
3. the interaction of one personality with another: The chemistry between him and his boss was all wrong.
4. sympathetic understanding; rapport: the astonishing chemistry between the actors.
5. any or all of the elements that make up something: the chemistry of love.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.