Pronunciation: (shiv'ul-rē), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/chivalry.html on line 73 [key]
—pl. -ries for 6.
1. the sum of the ideal qualifications of a knight, including courtesy, generosity, valor, and dexterity in arms.
2. the rules and customs of medieval knighthood.
3. the medieval system or institution of knighthood.
4. a group of knights.
5. gallant warriors or gentlemen: fair ladies and noble chivalry.
6. Archaic.a chivalrous act; gallant deed.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.