Pronunciation: (sûr'kyu-lāt"), [key]
—v., -lat•ed, -lat•ing.
1. to move in a circle or circuit; move or pass through a circuit back to the starting point: Blood circulates throughout the body.
2. to pass from place to place, from person to person, etc.: She circulated among her guests.
3. to be distributed or sold, esp. over a wide area.
4. Library Science.(of books and other materials) to be available for borrowing by patrons of a library for a specified period of time.
1. to cause to pass from place to place, person to person, etc.; disseminate; distribute: to circulate a rumor.
2. Library Science.to lend (books and other materials) to patrons of a library for a specified period of time.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.