Pronunciation: (klōs'up"), [key]
1. a photograph taken at close range or with a long focal-length lens, on a relatively large scale.
2. Also called close shot. Motion Pictures, Television.a camera shot taken at a very short distance from the subject, to permit a close and detailed view of an object or action. Cf. long shot (def. 3), medium shot.
3. an intimate view or presentation of anything.
1. of or resembling a closeup.
2. intimate or detailed; close-in.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.