Pronunciation: (klou'dē), [key]
—adj., cloud•i•er, cloud•i•est.
1. full of or overcast by clouds: a cloudy sky.
2. having little or no sunshine: a cloudy but rainless day.
3. of or like a cloud or clouds; pertaining to clouds.
4. having cloudlike markings: cloudy marble.
5. not clear or transparent: He could not see through the cloudy liquid.
6. obscure; indistinct.
7. darkened by gloom, trouble, etc.
8. under suspicion, disgrace, etc.: a gambler with a cloudy reputation.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.