Pronunciation: (kō'du), [key]
1. Music.a more or less independent passage, at the end of a composition, introduced to bring it to a satisfactory close.
2. Ballet.the concluding section of a ballet, esp. the final part of a pas de deux.
3. a concluding section or part, esp. one of a conventional form and serving as a summation of preceding themes, motifs, etc., as in a work of literature or drama.
4. anything that serves as a concluding part.
5. Phonet.the segment of a syllable following the nucleus, as the d-sound in good. Cf. core (def. 14), onset (def. 3).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.