Pronunciation: (ku-lek'tiv), [key]
1. formed by collection.
2. forming a whole; combined: the collective assets of a corporation and its subsidiaries.
3. of or characteristic of a group of individuals taken together: the collective wishes of the membership.
4. organized according to the principles of collectivism: a collective farm.
1. See collective noun.
2. a collective body; aggregate.
3. a business, farm, etc., jointly owned and operated by the members of a group.
4. a unit of organization or the organization in a collectivist system.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.