Pronunciation: (kul'urd), [key]
1. having color.
2. Often Offensive.belonging wholly or in part to a race other than the white, esp. to the black race.
3. Often Offensive.pertaining to the black race.
4. influenced or biased: colored opinions.
5. specious; deceptive: The authorities detected a colored quality in her statement.
6. Bot.of some hue other than green.
1. Often Offensive.
a. a black person.
b. the colored,black persons as a group.
2. See Cape Colored.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.