Pronunciation: (ku-lum'bus), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/columbus.html on line 89 [key]
1. Christopher (Sp. Cristóbal Colón; It. Cristoforo Colombo), 1446?–1506, Italian navigator in Spanish service: traditionally considered the discoverer of America 1492.
2. a city in and the capital of Ohio, in the central part. 564,871.
3. a city in W Georgia. 169,441.
4. a city in central Indiana. 30,292.
5. a city in E Mississippi. 27,383.
6. a city in E Nebraska. 17,328.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.