Pronunciation: (ku-myOOn'yun), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/communion.html on line 81 [key]
1. (often cap.) Also called Holy Communion. Eccles.
a. the act of receiving the Eucharistic elements.
b. the elements of the Eucharist.
c. the celebration of the Eucharist.
d. the antiphon sung at a Eucharistic service.
2. a group of persons having a common religious faith; a religious denomination: Anglican communion.
3. association; fellowship.
4. interchange or sharing of thoughts or emotions; intimate communication: communion with nature.
5. the act of sharing, or holding in common; participation.
6. the state of things so held.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.