a charged complex. Cf. complex (def. 10).
Pronunciation: (kum-plek'shun), [key]
1. the natural color, texture, and appearance of the skin, esp. of the face: a clear, smooth, rosy complexion.
2. appearance; aspect; character: His confession put a different complexion on things.
3. viewpoint, attitude, or conviction: one's political complexion.
4. (in old physiology) constitution or nature of body and mind, regarded as the result of certain combined qualities.
5. Obs.nature; disposition; temperament. Also,complection.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.