Pronunciation: (kun-sûrn'), [key]
1. to relate to; be connected with; be of interest or importance to; affect: The water shortage concerns us all.
2. to interest or engage (used reflexively or in the passive, often fol. by with or in): She concerns herself with every aspect of the business.
3. to trouble, worry, or disquiet: I am concerned about his health.
1. something that relates or pertains to a person; business; affair: Law is the concern of lawyers.
2. a matter that engages a person's attention, interest, or care, or that affects a person's welfare or happiness: The party was no concern of his.
3. worry, solicitude, or anxiety: to show concern for someone in trouble.
4. important relation or bearing: This news is of concern to all of us.
5. a commercial or manufacturing company or establishment: the headquarters of an insurance concern.
6. Informal.any material object or contrivance.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.