—n., adj.kon'sûrt, -surt;
1. a public musical performance in which a number of singers or instrumentalists, or both, participate.
2. a public performance, usually by an individual singer, instrumentalist, or the like; recital: The violinist has given concerts all over the world.
3. agreement of two or more individuals in a design or plan; combined action; accord or harmony: His plan was greeted with a concert of abuse.
4. in concert, together; jointly: to act in concert.
1. designed or intended for concerts: concert hall.
2. performed at concerts: concert music.
3. performing or capable of performing at concerts: a concert pianist.
1. to contrive or arrange by agreement: They were able to concert a settlement of their differences.
2. to plan; devise: A program of action was concerted at the meeting.
to plan or act together.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.