Pronunciation: (kon'kôrd, kong'-), [key]
1. agreement between persons, groups, nations, etc.; concurrence in attitudes, feelings, etc.; unanimity; accord: There was complete concord among the delegates.
2. agreement between things; mutual fitness; harmony.
3. Gram.agreement (def. 6).
4. peace; amity.
5. a treaty; compact; covenant.
6. Music.a stable, harmonious combination of tones; a chord requiring no resolution.
Pronunciation: (kong'kurd for 1, 2, 5, 6; kon'kôrd, kong'- for 3, 4; for 5, 6 also kon'kôrd, kong'-), [key]
1. a town in E Massachusetts, NW of Boston: second battle of the Revolution fought here April 19, 1775. 16,293.
2. a city in W California, near San Francisco. 103,251.
3. a city in and the capital of New Hampshire, in the S part. 30,400.
4. a city in central North Carolina. 16,942.
5. See Concord grape.
6. a sweet red wine with a strong grapelike taste, made from the Concord grape.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.