Pronunciation: (kun-kûr'uns, -kur'-), [key]
1. the act of concurring.
2. accordance in opinion; agreement: With the concurrence of several specialists, our doctor recommended surgery.
3. cooperation, as of agents or causes; combined action or effort.
4. simultaneous occurrence; coincidence: the concurrence of several unusual events.
5. Geom.a point that is in three or more lines simultaneously.
6. Law.a power equally held or a claim shared equally.
7. Archaic.competition; rivalry. Also,con•cur'ren•cy (for defs. 1–4).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.