Pronunciation: (kun-kûr'unt, -kur'-), [key]
1. occurring or existing simultaneously or side by side: concurrent attacks by land, sea, and air.
2. acting in conjunction; cooperating: the concurrent efforts of several legislators to pass the new law.
3. having equal authority or jurisdiction: two concurrent courts of law.
4. accordant or agreeing: concurrent testimony by three witnesses.
5. tending to or intersecting at the same point: four concurrent lines.
1. something joint or contributory.
2. Archaic.a rival or competitor.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.