Pronunciation: (kun-dens'), [key]
—v., -densed, -dens•ing.
1. to make more dense or compact; reduce the volume or extent of; concentrate.
2. to reduce to a shorter form; abridge: Condense your answer into a few words.
3. to reduce to another and denser form, as a gas or vapor to a liquid or solid state.
1. to become denser or more compact or concentrated.
2. to reduce a book, speech, statement, or the like, to a shorter form.
3. to become liquid or solid, as a gas or vapor: The steam condensed into droplets.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.