Pronunciation: (kun-fek'shun), [key]
1. a sweet preparation of fruit or the like, as a preserve or candy.
2. the process of compounding, preparing, or making something.
3. a frivolous, amusing, or contrived play, book, or other artistic or literary work.
4. something made up or confected; a concoction: He said the charges were a confection of the local police.
5. something, as a garment or decorative object, that is very delicate, elaborate, or luxurious and usually nonutilitarian.
6. Pharm.a medicated preparation made with the aid of sugar, honey, syrup, or the like.
Archaic.to prepare as a confection.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.