Pronunciation: (kun-fôrm'), [key]
1. to act in accordance or harmony; comply (usually fol. by to): to conform to rules.
2. to act in accord with the prevailing standards, attitudes, practices, etc., of society or a group: One has to conform in order to succeed in this company.
3. to be or become similar in form, nature, or character.
4. to be in harmony or accord.
5. to comply with the usages of an established church, esp. the Church of England.
1. to make similar in form, nature, or character.
2. to bring into agreement, correspondence, or harmony.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.