Pronunciation: (kon"fôr-mā'shun), [key]
1. manner of formation; structure; form, as of a physical entity.
2. symmetrical disposition or arrangement of parts.
3. the act or process of conforming; adaptation; adjustment.
4. the state of being conformed.
5. Chem.an atomic spatial arrangement that results from rotation of carbon atoms about single bonds within an organic molecule. (contrasted with configuration).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.