Pronunciation: (kun-fyOOz'), [key]
—v.t., -fused, -fus•ing.
1. to perplex or bewilder: The flood of questions confused me.
2. to make unclear or indistinct: The rumors and angry charges tended to confuse the issue.
3. to fail to distinguish between; associate by mistake; confound: to confuse dates; He always confuses the twins.
4. to disconcert or abash: His candor confused her.
5. to combine without order; jumble; disorder: Try not to confuse the papers on the desk.
6. Archaic.to bring to ruin or naught.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.