Pronunciation: (kon'kwest, kong'-), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/conquest.html on line 71 [key]
1. the act or state of conquering or the state of being conquered; vanquishment.
2. the winning of favor, affection, love, etc.: the conquest of Antony by Cleopatra.
3. a person whose favor, affection, etc., has been won: He's another one of her conquests.
4. anything acquired by conquering, as a nation, a territory, or spoils.
5. the Conquest.See Norman Conquest.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.