Pronunciation: (kun-sent'), [key]
1. to permit, approve, or agree; comply or yield (often fol. by to or an infinitive): He consented to the proposal. We asked her permission, and she consented.
2. Archaic.to agree in sentiment, opinion, etc.; be in harmony.
1. permission, approval, or agreement; compliance; acquiescence: He gave his consent to the marriage.
2. agreement in sentiment, opinion, a course of action, etc.: By common consent he was appointed official delegate.
3. Archaic.accord; concord; harmony.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.