Pronunciation: (kun-sid'ur), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/consider.html on line 77 [key]
1. to think carefully about, esp. in order to make a decision; contemplate; reflect on: He considered the cost before buying the new car.
2. to regard as or deem to be: I consider the story improbable.
3. to think, believe, or suppose: We consider his reply unsatisfactory.
4. to bear in mind; make allowance for: The arrest was justified if you consider his disorderly behavior.
5. to pay attention to; regard: He considered the man for some time before speaking to him.
6. to regard with respect, thoughtfulness, honor, etc.; esteem.
7. to think about (something that one might do, accept, buy, etc.): to consider a job in Guatemala.
8. Obs.to view attentively; scrutinize.
9. Obs.to recompense or remunerate.
1. to think deliberately or carefully; reflect.
2. to view carefully or thoughtfully.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.