Pronunciation: (kun-sīn'), [key]
1. to hand over or deliver formally or officially; commit (often fol. by to).
2. to transfer to another's custody or charge; entrust.
3. to set apart for or devote to (a special purpose or use): to consign two afternoons a week to the club.
4. to banish or set apart in one's mind; relegate: to consign unpleasant thoughts to oblivion.
a. to ship, as by common carrier, esp. for sale or custody.
b. to address for such shipment.
6. Obs.to confirm or ratify, as with a seal or other token.
1. to agree or assent.
2. Obs.to yield or submit.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.