1. a husband or wife; spouse, esp. of a reigning monarch. Cf. prince consort, queen consort.
2. one vessel or ship accompanying another.
a. a group of instrumentalists and singers who perform music, esp. old music.
b. a group of instruments of the same family, as viols, played in concert.
4. a companion, associate, or partner: a confidant and consort of heads of state.
5. accord or agreement.
a. company or association.
b. harmony of sounds.
1. to associate; keep company: to consort with known criminals.
2. to agree or harmonize.
1. to associate, join, or unite.
a. to accompany; espouse.
b. to sound in harmony.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.