Pronunciation: (kon"sti-tOO'shu-nl, -tyOO'-), [key]
1. of or pertaining to the constitution of a state, organization, etc.
2. subject to the provisions of such a constitution: a constitutional monarchy.
3. provided by, in accordance with, or not prohibited by, such a constitution: the constitutional powers of the president; a constitutional law.
4. belonging to or inherent in the character or makeup of a person's body or mind: a constitutional weakness for sweets.
5. pertaining to the constitution or composition of a thing; essential.
6. beneficial to one's constitution; healthful: constitutional exercise.
a walk or other mild exercise taken for the benefit of one's health.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.