—n.kon'sult, kun-sult'), [key]
1. to seek advice or information from; ask guidance from: Consult your lawyer before signing the contract.
2. to refer to for information: Consult your dictionary for the spelling of the word.
3. to have regard for (a person's interest, convenience, etc.) in making plans.
4. Obs.to meditate, plan, or contrive.
1. to consider or deliberate; take counsel; confer (usually fol. by with): He consulted with his doctor.
2. to give professional or expert advice; serve as consultant.
1. a consultation.
2. Archaic.a secret meeting, esp. one for seditious purposes.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.