Pronunciation: (kun-tin'yOO-ā"tiv, -u-tiv), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/continuative.html on line 81 [key]
1. tending or serving to continue; causing continuation or prolongation.
2. expressing continuance of thought.
3. Gram.expressing a following event. In They arrested a suspect, who gave his name as John Doe, the second clause is continuative.
4. Gram.(of a verbal form or aspect) expressing continuation.
1. something continuative.
2. Gram.a continuative word or expression.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.